Sunday, April 12, 2015

The 1st Appointment

Written March 19, 2015
It's been an emotional day!  I was so anxious this morning that I cried on my way to my appointment, which was maybe not so bad because it seemed to calm me down before my appointment and the med-tech and mid-wife didn't have anything to say about my blood pressure or my weight.  Both seemed a little high to me but not terrible, so I didn't say anything either :-)

The mid-wife we saw was fantastic.  She was very personable and immediately relatable.  Turns out we're the same age and both had bad car accidents our senior year of high school.  We had a good laugh about having to go to dances with casts and bruises.

Anyway, we got to the exam part and the ultrasound part and everything looked really good.  The baby was very active.  It was very reassuring, and as it turns out we're a week further into this pregnancy than we thought.  We're at 11 weeks 5 days with a due date of October 3, 2015!  

What's great about finding out we're further along than we thought is that the first trimester is almost over and I should start feeling a lot better soon.  Also, there's a lot of relief that comes with knowing we've made it through the period of highest miscarriage risk - a LOT of relief.

Here's one of our ultrasound prints:


No comments:

Post a Comment