Sunday, April 12, 2015

Morning Sickness

Written February 25, 2015
Ugh.  I’ve been feeling so sick.  No foods sound good – not even chocolate chip cookies.  I’ve thrown up a bit too.  This can’t be normal.  I was not even close to this sick last year.  How long does it take for an order from Amazon to get here????  I’m really counting on that B6.  Unfortunately, our local stores only sell vitamin B6 in ridiculous dosages – who needs 100mg or 5000% of the recommended daily value of vitamin B6?  I’m especially not allowed to take that much cause of the whole pregnancy thing.  I’m supposed to take not more than 25mg at a time and not more than 75mg in a day per the OB clinic here.  The point is: why are vitamins so often only available in stupid proportions?  The real point is: I feel awful and I can’t do anything about it.  The good news is they say they sickness typically peaks around 9 weeks – that’s only 2 weeks away   But it will end.  At some point it must end.  Until then I do my best to get through each day eating as much healthy food as I can choke down and try not to rely too heavily on crackers.

And coffee!  I love coffee, but at this point I can’t even stand the smell of grounds.  A few days ago I just let myself deal with the withdrawal headache because it was more appealing than sipping coffee.  This is madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment