Sunday, April 12, 2015

Pregnancy

Written February 24, 2015
I started feeling cramps and a little nausea on January 23rd.  I immediately suspected I was pregnant.  We’d been “trying”, but I still felt caught off guard.  

After our miscarriage last year and a couple of false alarms this summer, I didn’t want to assume I was pregnant or even really mention anything to L.  However, the slight nausea made it challenging to hide.  We talked about it a little the week after I started suspecting.  I took a test Sunday morning February 1st before L left for a work trip.  The test was positive, a great relief.  We were very excited, but with the positive result came a new stress – what if I miscarry again?  

Miscarrying continues to be a worry, but with as sick as I’ve been feeling it seems like it may be less likely – at least statistically it is.  Yep – we nerds do our statistical research.  I’ve been sick.  Basically I feel badly hungover every day.  I’m working on finding solutions.  I’m going to try vitamin B6 next.  We’ll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment