Tuesday, June 16, 2015

So Much Testing!

It seems like the 2nd trimester is full of testing.  This is supposed to be the fun, feel-good trimester, but I'm feeling a little bogged down in the testing and other things that they can discover that can go wrong.

Yesterday I took my 1 hour glucose test.  I heard all kinds of horrible things about the glucose drink and it being nauseatingly sweet.  Overblown.  It was fine.  It tasted like sprite, and since I'd been eating light, it actually made me feel better for about 30 minutes while I rode the sugar high.  Then gradually I started to feel unsettled and ended the day with a slight headache/sugar hangover.  Apparently if I passed, the hospital here won't tell me that until my next appointment 3 weeks from now.  I called and requested a phone consult, so I should hear either way by next week :)

Fortunately, we're heading to the hills tomorrow to get away from it all!  A retreat in the Alps is just what we need!

1 comment:

  1. No news is good news. Gina helped me comment on your blog. I am keeping up with the blog but haven't been able to comment until now.

    ReplyDelete