Monday, May 18, 2015

It's a...

GIRL!!!  And we are very excited!  It seemed pretty clear to us on the ultrasound, but I still feel it necessary to qualify that announcement by adding that ultrasounds are only 90 to 95 percent accurate at determining gender, and I do know one person who was surprised later in her pregnancy to learn that she was actually having a boy :-)  Regardless, we will be planning for a girl!  If you're curious, the poll results favored boy by just 1 vote.

The rest of the full anatomy ultrasound didn't uncover any issues requiring immediate attention, so we'll go over the results with our midwife at our next appointment in June.  Personally, I was just excited to make it through that appointment successfully.  I've heard of women being sent home because the baby was moving too much or they didn't drink enough water, and I was definitely concerned that I wouldn't be able to hold my bladder.  Happily, the technician we saw was very quick about getting the first measurements she needed and then let me take a quick break.

Otherwise, I've generally been feeling quite well.  I get occasional headaches.  I can definitely feel that my lower spine has started to curve which sometimes causes a little discomfort in my back, but that's very infrequent.  I'm sleeping pretty well despite being on an air mattress in preparation for our move.  I have a pretty good energy level, and I don't think "pregnancy brain" has affected me too badly.

Lee finally got to feel his first solid kick this past week - it was a good one too!  At this point, our girl should mostly just be growing and putting on weight for 20 more weeks.  I can't believe we're half-way there already!  Let the naming process begin!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for you guys!!!! A GIRL Turcotte!! :)

    ReplyDelete